What do you want to find?

Welcome to my AS Level Media blog! I have been keeping up to date with all my progress featured on this blog and have endeavoured to use as much detail as possible! Alongside my blog, I have a blue portfolio of which holds some of my main storyboards and ideas for each of the tasks set by our teacher. I intend both the blog and my portfolio to be crammed full of ideas and information. Enjoy!




On the Sidebar, from the months presented choose September. Scroll to the bottom of the page and this will bring you to the beginning of my journey.


Wednesday 28 September 2011

Analysis - Psycho/Silent Hill

In class we are watching, and shortly to be analysing, a classic Alfred Hitchcock horror, 'Psycho'.
To get a better idea and to help us with our film project based on the horror/thriller genre, we watched and studied the opening to our choice of horror film - Silent Hill.
We focused mainly on the mise-en-scene, editing, sound and camera angles of the 8 minutes opening and created a book of notes to read through and study further.
I also got some background information on the plot/synopsis if the film to expand my knowledge of the story and what was going to happen later on. I did this to see if I could make any similar links to the opneing.
Our group is a small one of four people, including myself.
We watched the opening four times. We took it in turns to focus on one of the four areas:
- Mise-en-scene
-Camera Angles
- Editing &
- Sound
We then could also relate the opening of Silent Hill to the opening of Psycho and compare and contrast the different director's filming techniques.
So far, we have watched 12 minutes and 11 seconds of Psycho. However, we have looked a little into the director - Alfred Hitchcock - as well as his background information, distinct filming style and the plot of the film.
This gave me a good insight and ideas towards our group film project I may try to incorporate.

No comments:

Post a Comment