What do you want to find?

Welcome to my AS Level Media blog! I have been keeping up to date with all my progress featured on this blog and have endeavoured to use as much detail as possible! Alongside my blog, I have a blue portfolio of which holds some of my main storyboards and ideas for each of the tasks set by our teacher. I intend both the blog and my portfolio to be crammed full of ideas and information. Enjoy!




On the Sidebar, from the months presented choose September. Scroll to the bottom of the page and this will bring you to the beginning of my journey.


Sunday 16 October 2011

Analysis of a 'Horror' opening

For my analysis of a horror opening, I chose the very first episode of a popular US TV programme called 'The Vampire Diaries'. I chose this because not only do I have an interest in this programme, but I also feel it reflects the horror genre to a high standard.
The opening lasts 2 minutes, of which i took around 44 screenshots to enable I had a good, strong analysis.
I included all of this research in my blue coursework book, and I wrote a brief introduction as to what happens in the scene, as well as a rough idea of the dialogue.
Below is a link to the episode. I only analysed the first two minutes.

http://www.vureel.com/video/21639/TheVampireDiariesS01E01PilotHDTVXviD-FQM

During my in depth analysis I also tried to include links to the latter parts of the episode regarding what happens in the opening as well as what it means, and the characters involved.

No comments:

Post a Comment