What do you want to find?

Welcome to my AS Level Media blog! I have been keeping up to date with all my progress featured on this blog and have endeavoured to use as much detail as possible! Alongside my blog, I have a blue portfolio of which holds some of my main storyboards and ideas for each of the tasks set by our teacher. I intend both the blog and my portfolio to be crammed full of ideas and information. Enjoy!




On the Sidebar, from the months presented choose September. Scroll to the bottom of the page and this will bring you to the beginning of my journey.


Wednesday 11 January 2012

TriStar

If I were to choose a film company to distibute our film, I would most definitely choose TriStar. They have produced many successful films, not just Horror films, but Thriller and Action as well. I think that this could be useful for our company as we don't want a narrow company which distribute only a certain/specific type of genre.


Many films have been successful such as:

Silent Hill with a budget of $50 Million and making $97,607,453 in the Box Office.

88 Minutes with a budget of $30 Million and making $32,573,503 in the Box Office.

Faster with a budget of $24 Million and making $35,542,923 in the Box Office.

These examples of films all made a decent profit in the Box Office, and were successful films, making it to DVDs also. This company would be good as they are globally known and are also known to join with other well known companies such as Columbia Pictures, which ensure that the films distributed are more accessible throughout the world.
The logo is well known and depicts a winged horse with a clouded background. The clouds look painted and archaic, reinforcing the fact that they have been around for a long time.
TriStar Pictures was founded in 1982, and since then has distributed over 200 films, branching out over a number of different genres. Rarely does one of their films not make a profit and so seem the stable choice to distribute our film.
The TriStar company are so well known that the opening logo and theme have had parodies of them in the popular TV Programmes, Family Guy where one of the characters takes the place of the famous white winged horse.

No comments:

Post a Comment