What do you want to find?

Welcome to my AS Level Media blog! I have been keeping up to date with all my progress featured on this blog and have endeavoured to use as much detail as possible! Alongside my blog, I have a blue portfolio of which holds some of my main storyboards and ideas for each of the tasks set by our teacher. I intend both the blog and my portfolio to be crammed full of ideas and information. Enjoy!




On the Sidebar, from the months presented choose September. Scroll to the bottom of the page and this will bring you to the beginning of my journey.


Wednesday 19 December 2012

Nightmare on Elm Street Analysis


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbnNdIi0eYI




The link above is for the opening of "Nightmare on Elm Street" which I annotated and looked at in a lot of detail. I mentioned the Mise-en-scene, the editing, the camera angles, the fonts, the text (regarding when titles and names appeared on the screen), as well as connotations, the sound and the initial impressions of the characters presented to the audience. I felt this was very beneficial as I found out the order in which to apply the titles as to who the protagonists were in our own Horror opening. I also found out how to arrange the Mise-en-scene of our shots to fit the horror theme and to compliment what happens when on the screen. This was also useful for our choice of our music and sound, both diagetic and non-diagetic, as well as the pitch and where to apply the altering tones within our piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment