What do you want to find?

Welcome to my AS Level Media blog! I have been keeping up to date with all my progress featured on this blog and have endeavoured to use as much detail as possible! Alongside my blog, I have a blue portfolio of which holds some of my main storyboards and ideas for each of the tasks set by our teacher. I intend both the blog and my portfolio to be crammed full of ideas and information. Enjoy!




On the Sidebar, from the months presented choose September. Scroll to the bottom of the page and this will bring you to the beginning of my journey.


Tuesday 12 February 2013

Alfred Hitchcock Interview

I looked at this Interview with Alfred Hitchcock, and noted some of the things he said, which we then applied and drew from in our Horror Opening in terms of Mise-En-Scene as well as motives etc.
I realised when looking at this that everyone, even Hitchcock was scared of something. Hitchcock specified that he was scared of Policeman, and he had never driven a car so as not to get a ticket. Therefore, he related himself to a coward, and furthermore related his fear to anything to do with the law.

This was useful when we were creating our piece, as we decided we could incorporate people's fears for example the anticipation of making someone jump, which we effectively included within our Horror opening via our hidden predator character.
He has been frequently referred to as 'The Master of Suspense' many times over the years, which we definitely tried to incorporate within our piece to make the audience unaware of when they would be made to jump. This effect was similar to that of the famous Psycho 'shower scene' where Norman Bates appears from nowhere to kill Marion Crane.
Another quote I drew from this interview was that people assumed that 'because of the material [he] I screen, that [he's] I'm a monster'. This was an interesting quote to draw on when creating our film as I felt that we needed a 'monster' type character within our short opening whether it was an immediate threat or something that we hid until the very end. We chose to partially hide the threat and tease the audience, creating a more effective final product in terms of our 'Villain'.

No comments:

Post a Comment