What do you want to find?

Welcome to my AS Level Media blog! I have been keeping up to date with all my progress featured on this blog and have endeavoured to use as much detail as possible! Alongside my blog, I have a blue portfolio of which holds some of my main storyboards and ideas for each of the tasks set by our teacher. I intend both the blog and my portfolio to be crammed full of ideas and information. Enjoy!




On the Sidebar, from the months presented choose September. Scroll to the bottom of the page and this will bring you to the beginning of my journey.


Saturday 23 February 2013

Thought Explosion

When disucssing various ideas within our group, I took it upon myself to create a thought explosion showing an in-depth analysis and written down record of various settings that could be used to suit our Horror genre for example; The woods, dark alleys etc.
I decided the choice of setting was key as they could make or break a film if they were believable. They are altered depending on the genre, i.e you're more likely to end up in a bar/club in a comedy than in a horror.
I also decided that after finding out what our audience liked and linked with the most, that we had the ability then to tailor this to our audience's needs (via market research). I also realised that the audience is what enables the movie to make money.
In terms of characters, I diced it down into two different sections - Supernatural and Humans (realistic), for example Hannibal Lecter in Silence of the Lambs is more realistic than Alien in Aliens. This effects the audiences response to escapism.
Furthermore, I wanted to significantly incorporate the use of Voyeurism as so mastered by Alfred Hitchcock within the film we studied 'Psycho', and therefore I decided would be useful and effective to incorporate over the shoulder shots, point of view shots and possibly keyhole shots to try and enhance the fear factor of our short opening.





No comments:

Post a Comment