What do you want to find?

Welcome to my AS Level Media blog! I have been keeping up to date with all my progress featured on this blog and have endeavoured to use as much detail as possible! Alongside my blog, I have a blue portfolio of which holds some of my main storyboards and ideas for each of the tasks set by our teacher. I intend both the blog and my portfolio to be crammed full of ideas and information. Enjoy!




On the Sidebar, from the months presented choose September. Scroll to the bottom of the page and this will bring you to the beginning of my journey.


Wednesday 7 December 2011

Film Titles Timeline - The Shining

To further my knowledge of how Horror films opened in order to apply some possible techniques and ideas into our group opening, I looked at a horror film called 'The Shining'. The opening wasn't cliché of your typical horror film and it isn't quite what you expect, never the less it is in fact a horror opening and there are some obvious forebodings present. For example, the fact that there is one car driving down many isolated roads in the middle of nowhere doesn't even occur to the viewer as they are focusing on the magnificant backdrops and beautiful scenery. That in itself is also ironic as the ending of the film is nowhere near as magnificant and beautiful as the opening possibly leads you to believe. The music is also a key factor in many horror films and builds tension/suspense with the simplest of sounds.

Here is the link for the opening to The Shining: http://www.artofthetitle.com/?s=the+exorcist

From this I have created a timeline (included in my blue portfolio) of the opening, informing me of when each section starts/enters the screen and what is going on.


No comments:

Post a Comment